Well today was the day. Dylan has been listed for transplant. He is officially on the list. He PELD score is very low. His Liver function is just still too good, no make that perfect, but with those varices lurking in his stomach it is making everyone a little nervous. He would never really get an offer where he is now, but have been told that they have gotten offers for and transplanted kids with numbers below zero. So now we start the work-up on Noah all over again. It was completed three years ago and he WAS a match so we are hoping for the same results. Our goal is to get this done in time to avoid another endoscopy, but more importantly another bleed. A bleed could be devastating or even fatal for Dylan.
Our next step is to have an EKG, ECHO, CT scan and tons of labs done on Noah. We are hoping to have it done in one day to avoid multiple trips and wasting time. That should let us now if everything is still a go. IF we get an offer in the mean time we will take it, but not likely to happen with Dylan's score where it is. It means the world to us that Noah is a possible living donor, but it does complicate things. Noah will be out of commission for almost 3 months. No work. I will not be working. I will be taking care of both of them. Not sure what our future holds but I am very happy it will be with a healthy liver for Dylan.